Blocks - Rename Blocks and Insert Insertion Point

I am starting to grow my block library. Something that would be useful would be a TML to rename blocks. There is no 2 click solution today.

It would also be great to reset the insert point of a block.

1 Like

Rename Blocks is possible in one of our commands - I had Peter do that for me a while back - will let you know which one tomorrow

Reset insert point - maybe moving the block data in block editor would do that?

I think if you want tonreset Blocks you basically have to explode and Recreate them with what you want unless Block Edit View allows you to do that.

Alan

Type “RPSAffixname rename” at the command line - this has an extra feature for renaming blocks

Alan

1 Like

If you move the block content in the Block Edit view, you can reset the origin point - the origin is normally 0,0 in the block, so move the content so that the point you want as the origin is at 0,0

Works like a charm

Alan

I need to fuss with this a little more but it seems to be more of a problem if you create a block from entities away from 0,0.

Use 5000,5000 for example.

All of our entities are centered around here. Well when I go to create block I would naturally select the center of blocks as insertion (5000,5000) and then all of my linework (5xxx,5xxx). I agree that once you have this block created you can create and move this linework around in the block editor (very useful) but there is always going to be a reference to 5000,5000. If you shift all of the block linework from 5xxx,5xxx it will shift accordingly but the point of insertion when you insert the block will be 5000 ft in the x and 5000 ft in the y off.

I found this an issue when trying to create objects that you may what to reuse on other projects.

Best workflow I have found is to:

1. create block
  2. set 0,0 as insert point regardless of linework position
  3. insert block
  4. block editor
  5. take all of the linework from the block at the coordinates it is and shift to 0,0

Manageable just something I noticed.