DSM / DEM Import and Use

Does anyone have good workflow to import a DSM / DEM into TBC? This seems like it should be straightforward, but once I am able to get it to import it doesn’t seem to contain any of the elevation data. In C3D I can import into a surface and utilize it there, but I want it over in TBC to run reports of check shots. Only other option is to explode into some density of a grid file that just turns into a mess and hard to work with at a resolution that is still is representative of the site.

Send me a file to look at Elijah and I will see what is possible

Alan

Hey Alan, attached is a file from a lidar flight. I use a processing service that produces great contours, but their only surface output (representative of said produced contours) are these DSM files. I have a bunch of conventional survey shots I would like to run and report the deviations for QC. Also attached is a dxf of the final contours produced.

dem.tif (46.7 MB)

contours_balanced.dxf (6.8 MB) contours_roughest.dxf (20.0 MB) contours_smoothest.dxf (3.0 MB)

@alan.sharp Another observation is that if you run a project through Photogrammetry in TBC and elect the dsm deliverable, it will insert the dsm into the project and is visible. How to use any of the elevation data from it, I have no idea. ha